It’s 2015, the year is in full swing. I don’t know about you, but I have been crazy busy with lots of things going on. Some good, some not-so-good, but mostly good. Either way, so far, 2015 has been a blur!
I am going to be traveling coast to coast multiple times over the next four months spreading health and wellness with essential oils. I am excited, terrified, and still in a bit of disbelief that I get to go so many amazing places that I’ve never been to. Planning this has been a task in itself, then add in balancing my other work tasks, family, friends, and my own personal growth and wellness… you get the idea.
One thing that I’ve been hearing over and over these past few weeks is how so many people have colds or the flu. That is the last thing I have time for right now. I don’t think many people really have time to be sick.
So am I just lucky I haven’t caught a bug? I’m guessing not. Do I have a super immune system? Not even close, not even a little bit. So why haven’t I fallen ill when literally everywhere I go there are people sniffling, sneezing, aching, and should probably be in quarantine? It is because I am proactive, I do those little things that to prevent getting ill. I mean, heck, I have a chronic illness I have to manage, I’d rather pass on the acute stuff.
So what little things can you do to stay well this cold and flu season?
Take steps to increase your immunity and reduce chances of getting sick:
- Ditch the hand sanitizers They may kill germs, but they also wreck havoc on your body and corrupt your hormones. Replace them with with something that naturally combats germs and viruses.
- Make sure your gut is in check A season cleanse works wonders for boosting your immunity naturally. It’s easier to fight off outside predators when we aren’t already fighting what is living in us!
- Wash your hands We’ve heard it over and over again, but still, I’m saying it again.
- Make sure your body is properly armed It is always important to make sure you are getting proper nutrients, but now is definitely NOT the time to skimp. Good nutritional support can work wonders.
- Clean naturally Eliminate airborne threats and use cleaning products that don’t contain harmful toxins and chemicals to get rid of germs without weakening your immune system. Double win.
- De-stress! Stress can affect our bodies ability to fight off illness and infection. Take time for yourself, talk to a good friend, have a laugh, meditate, or even a warm bath can work wonders.
Essential oils that help stimulate the immune system:
- Protective Blend
Essential oils that help strengthen the immune system:
- Protective Blend
What are you doing this cold and flu season to stay well?
If you aren’t sure where to purchase your essential oils from, you can find out how to order them here
A friend once told me that it was suggested to her that if she wanted to find a partner, to make room in her life for her ideal man. I really liked the idea of that. The idea of preparing for something great to enter our lives. It is the law of attraction at...
From time to time it hits me that I've traveled the country for two years speaking about holistic health, stress management, essential oils, and business, have two meditation podcasts - I which has consistently been in the top 100 in iTunes Alternative Health,...
When I first got sober, I didn't have a whole lot going on other than learning how to live again. I had been too flaky and too selfish to have any real commitments outside of my obligations. But as I started to restructure my life and add pieces in bit by bit,...