A holiday workout plan does not have to be time-consuming or difficult. In fact, there are plenty of ways to make it fun and motivating. The most important thing is to make time for it and be committed to getting it done, even if you don’t think you have the time available.
Maintaining your clean eating habits isn’t impossible either. In fact, you can make it pretty simple. The less of a big deal you make out of it, the easier it is to do.
Rarely does a person say “Man, I am so upset that I chose to eat healthy”. @ashliepappas
Rarely does a person say Man, I am so upset that I chose to eat healthy. And once your workout is done for the day, you’ll be glad you did it and be eager to do it again the next day. Same goes for meditation, journaling, and anything else you do to maintain your natural level of awesome.
Here are 10 Ways to End the Year so You Aren’t Starting 2017 Behind Where You Are Now
- Schedule your workouts like you would a meeting.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep at least 3 times a week (ideally every night!).
- Hit the sack and wake up at the same time every day, including weekends.
- Walk outside in the sunlight to beat the seasonal sadness that tends to happen to many.
- Organize a holiday get together at the gym or an outdoor activity.
- Throw your own party to ensure healthy food is served.
- Give the gift of health to yourself!
- Go easy on the caffeinated drinks. They deplete you of vitamins and can disrupt sleep. Peppermint and wild orange essential oils are a great pick-me-up that won’t end in a crash.
- Try some time-efficient, calorie-incinerating workouts such as jumping rope, running, and training on cardio machines. 30 minutes three times a week is all it takes.
- Skip the elevator or escalator and opt for the stairs.
- Dance at the holiday party, burn calories and have fun.
- Get ahead of the curve! Come January 1st when the gyms are packed with people who made weight loss a resolution, you will already be well on your way!
If the idea of staying fit over the holidays still stresses you out, I’ve created a little holiday gift for you. Download my Naturally Healthy Holiday Survival Guide for some much needed back up when you need it the most!
How do you stay on top of your wellness game over the holiday season? Share with us in the comments below!
It's no secret that meditation is touted to be a powerful way to reduce stress and provide a multitude of various wellness benefit from lowering blood pressure, increasing productivity, and even helping with weight loss. Science is discovering more and more...
When you start to get stressed out does it ever seem like life starts to come at you from all directions? If you are nodding your head "yes", you're not alone. It can seem like the minute something stressful heads our way, we seem to attract more and more of...
I was in my late 20's when I learned that when we're able to effectively love ourselves, stress just about vanishes. Think about it. If you've got a healthy, loving relationship with yourself, you hold boundaries around your time, you don't let the world weigh...