A holiday workout plan does not have to be time-consuming or difficult. In fact, there are plenty of ways to make it fun and motivating. The most important thing is to make time for it and be committed to getting it done, even if you don’t think you have the time available.
Maintaining your clean eating habits isn’t impossible either. In fact, you can make it pretty simple. The less of a big deal you make out of it, the easier it is to do.
Rarely does a person say “Man, I am so upset that I chose to eat healthy”. @ashliepappas
Rarely does a person say Man, I am so upset that I chose to eat healthy. And once your workout is done for the day, you’ll be glad you did it and be eager to do it again the next day. Same goes for meditation, journaling, and anything else you do to maintain your natural level of awesome.
Here are 10 Ways to End the Year so You Aren’t Starting 2017 Behind Where You Are Now
- Schedule your workouts like you would a meeting.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep at least 3 times a week (ideally every night!).
- Hit the sack and wake up at the same time every day, including weekends.
- Walk outside in the sunlight to beat the seasonal sadness that tends to happen to many.
- Organize a holiday get together at the gym or an outdoor activity.
- Throw your own party to ensure healthy food is served.
- Give the gift of health to yourself!
- Go easy on the caffeinated drinks. They deplete you of vitamins and can disrupt sleep. Peppermint and wild orange essential oils are a great pick-me-up that won’t end in a crash.
- Try some time-efficient, calorie-incinerating workouts such as jumping rope, running, and training on cardio machines. 30 minutes three times a week is all it takes.
- Skip the elevator or escalator and opt for the stairs.
- Dance at the holiday party, burn calories and have fun.
- Get ahead of the curve! Come January 1st when the gyms are packed with people who made weight loss a resolution, you will already be well on your way!
If the idea of staying fit over the holidays still stresses you out, I’ve created a little holiday gift for you. Download my Naturally Healthy Holiday Survival Guide for some much needed back up when you need it the most!
How do you stay on top of your wellness game over the holiday season? Share with us in the comments below!
A friend once told me that it was suggested to her that if she wanted to find a partner, to make room in her life for her ideal man. I really liked the idea of that. The idea of preparing for something great to enter our lives. It is the law of attraction at...
From time to time it hits me that I've traveled the country for two years speaking about holistic health, stress management, essential oils, and business, have two meditation podcasts - I which has consistently been in the top 100 in iTunes Alternative Health,...
When I first got sober, I didn't have a whole lot going on other than learning how to live again. I had been too flaky and too selfish to have any real commitments outside of my obligations. But as I started to restructure my life and add pieces in bit by bit,...