Why “Quick and Dirty”?
It doesn’t take long to get through the workout, but it really makes you break a sweat. I highly recommend a shower after performing them!
I love this go-to workout because it can be done without any equipment and it goes so quickly it’s over before you realize it!
Try putting a couple drops of Peppermint and Wild Orange essential oils in your hands and inhaling it (keep your hands about six inches from your face though, it’s pretty intense!) It is a sure fire way to bump up energy levels and put some bounce in your step!
Now you have no excuse not to sweat this December!
This workout can be done without any equipment and it goes so quickly it’s over before you realize it! @ashliepappas
Perform 1-3 times straight through
- Inchworm: 10. Stand up tall with the legs straight, bend over placing hands on floor. Walk the hands forward. Once in a push-up position, start taking tiny steps so the feet meet the hands.
- Step-Up: 12 Reps Each Side. Find a step or bench, and place the right foot on the elevated surface. Step up until the right leg is straight, then return to start.
- Triceps Dip: 12 Reps. Get seated near a step or bench. Sit on the floor with knees slightly bent, and grab the edge of the elevated surface and straighten the arms. Bend them to a 90-degree angle, and straighten again while the heels push towards the floor.
- Contralateral Limb Raises: 12 Reps Each. Lie on your stomach with the arms outstretched and palms facing one another. Slowly lift one arm a few inches off the floor, keeping it straight without rotating the shoulders and keeping the head and torso still, raising opposite leg. Hold the position 2 seconds, then lower back down, moving to the opposite limbs.
- Dynamic Prone Plank: 12 Reps. Starting in a standard plank position, raise the hips as high as they can go, then lower them back down. Continue this movement for as long as possible. Make sure the back stays straight and the hips don’t droop
- Curtsy Lunge: 12 Reps Each Side. When lunging, step the left leg back behind the right, bending the knees and lowering the hips until the right thigh is almost parallel to the floor. Remember to keep the torso upright and the hips square.
- Burpees: 10. Start out in a low squat position with hands on the floor. Next, kick the feet back to a push-up position, complete one push-up, then immediately return the feet to the squat position. Leap up as high as possible before squatting and moving back into the push-up portion of the show
- Wall Sit:30-60 seconds. Slowly slide your back down a wall until the thighs are parallel to the ground. Make sure the knees are directly above the ankles and keep the back straight
- Diamond Push-Up: 12 Reps. Perform push-up with a diamond-shaped hand position (situate them so that the thumbs and index fingers touch).
- Shoulder Stabilization Series (I, Y, T, O): 5 Reps Each Letter. Lie down on your stomach with arms extended overhead and palms facing each other. Move the arms into each letter formation.
- Segmental Rotation: 12 Reps Each Side. Lying on your back with your knees bent and core tight, let the knees fall gradually to the left (feeling a good stretch). Hold for five seconds, return to center, and repeat on the right side.
Quick and Dirty Warm-Up: Side shuffles for 45seconds followed by skipping for 45seconds, then 3 walking lunges. Perform 2-3 times.
Quick and Dirty Cool-Down: Stretch each area you felt burning during workout, hold 30 seconds each.
Wnat more ways to stay fit without stepping foot into a gym? Grab my free, Ditch the Gym Fitness Guide:
Anxiety. If you've ever lived with it, you know how crippling it can be. If you've ever lived with it without knowing that it was anxiety... you may have found yourself wondering if you were losing your mind. Questioning if there was something wrong with you,...read more
Detox... it's almost a dirty word these days. Detoxification is more than just a fad, it's completely valid. If something is toxic, it's harmful... so it makes perfect sense that you'd want to make sure to remove anything harmful you may be subjected to,...read more
You may have noticed that over the past few weeks I haven't been online much. There is good reason for it! I have been out living. I mean, going out on adventure after adventure, thrive, making up for lost time, filling my soul at the deepest level type of living. A...read more